So hickory is our best selling wood. We sell it by the truckload. Hickory moves faster than a cheetah on Christmas Eve*. With that said, people often want to know the pros and cons of hickory … so here goes nothing:
– Aesthetically pleasing. ‘Nuff said.
– Strong as an ox. It really doesn’t get any stronger than hickory.
– Your children’s children will use your hickory stick … they last forever.
– It’s available in abundance.
– Dense and formidable.
– It’s dense … therefore it’s a wee bit on the heavy side.
– It’s not really what we’d call edible. With enough marinade, though, it’s palatable.
– That’s it!
Hickory really is an ideal choice for either a walking stick or a walking cane. So browse are plethora of hickory products, and happy hiking.
*I made that little saying up. I have no idea what it means.