Fall is finally here, and that means beautiful colors, nice weather, and more time outdoors. The weather has cooled down and it’s time to take advantage of the leaves changing colors, and picturesque hiking trails before winter.
If you haven’t been getting much exercise or going on walks due to the warm summer weather now is your time to get walking again. Depending on where you live it’s either still a little warm or getting a lot cooler. Either way it is a perfect time to get outside and enjoy the weather and views. A simple 15-30-minute brisk walk can help improve your overall health. There are so many different benefits of taking a daily walk during the fall including:
- Preventing various conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease and reducing the overall risk of diabetes
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Easing Joint Pain
- Boosting Energy
- Improving your mood
- Improving your balance and coordination
- Improving your strength
- Beautiful weather
- Amazing autumn colors, and scenery
- Helping Seasonal Depression
Walking is definitely an underrated form of exercise and something that will improve your mood during these upcoming cooler months. Adding a Brazos walking stick to your daily walks will also help ease your walking experience/post walking experience. Walking sticks help maintain your balance, relieve bone and joint tension as well as take stress off your hips, thighs, back, and ankles. Taking walks doesn’t have to be painful. They can be peaceful, beneficial to your health and relaxing. With all these benefits why wouldn’t you want to take a nice walk outside in the beautiful fall weather with a nice autumn breeze? Incorporate a short walk into your daily routine and start seeing a mood change. Here are some tips to get you started:
- First, set aside a perfect time of day to go on a walk that works best for you.
- Second, listen to something you enjoy on your walk such as a podcast, music or audio book. Whatever it may be, listening to something you enjoy while on your walk could help you look forward to exercising.
- Third, invite a friend or family member to come join you or better yet take your dog with you. Having company can make your walk more enjoyable.
Make sure to prioritize taking a walk every day to improve your overall health and improve your mood. Remember to layer up, prepare your walking gear, and get outdoors.