• Pull-pin release mechanism drops the padded support arms below seat level for unobstructed lateral transfers
• Constructed of 1Ó diameter, white powder-coated, steel frame tubing
• Slip-resistant rubber tips
• Includes: plastic seat, 8-qt. capacity pail with lid and splash guard
• Seat Size: 14" x 15"
• Width between arms: 16-1/2Ó Seat height adjusts from 19Ó _ 23Ó in 1Ó increments
• Width between legs: 15-1/2Ó; depth between legs: 14-1/2Ó
• Weight: 22 lbs.
• Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
To be sure, determining the right size walking stick or can be a subjective art form. What feels right for one person may feel horrible for another. However, with almost two decades of experience in making handcrafted, wooden walking sticks and canes, you can be sure that we have some opinions on the matter!
- For small children and shorter adults, we generally recommend a 41-inch stick.
- For people who are shorter than 5’4″, we recommend a 48-inch stick.
- For people who are between 5’4″ and 5’11”, we recommend a 55-inch stick.
- For adults over 5’11”, we recommend a 58-inch stick.
- For people who are shorter than 5’4″, we recommend a our lighter 34-inch canes
- For people who are between 5’4″ and 6’, we recommend our standard 37-inch canes as the best starting point.
- For adults over 6’, we offer 40-inch canes.
Cane sizing is best achieved by standing up nice and straight, relaxing your arm naturally to the side, and having someone measure the distance from your wrist to the floor.
Again, let me reiterate, the sizing recommendations listed above are only suggestions. For people needing step-by-step support, it’s best to consult your doctor or another medical professional about your exact sizing needs.